Like most secret cults, confraternities and similar groups, members of NBM aka Black Axe cult ( for a general introduction see https://najuju.wordpress.com/2014/05/09/what-is-the-neo-black-movement-of-africa-aka-black-axe-confraternity/ ) use special items and expressions to describe themselves and others, the structures within the group and so on. Some of the following terms are part of the “coded” language used within NBM for secrecy purposes, among other reasons. Outsiders (“jus”) are not supposed to understand what they are talking about.
- Axe: The axe is the symbol of NBM. Because of its shape it is also referred to as “7”. The often used code “147” means “one for seven” = one for (Black) Axe/NBM. Axes are also part of the regalia worn by members.
- Black Axe: This is a metamorphosis of the first name of the movement “Black Barracards”. The name was changed to “Black Axe” then finally Neo Black Movement, even though it remains the inofficial name. “Black Axe” also became the name of the magazine published by the movement. This again was changed to “Uhuru Magazine” later.
- Axeman: Members of NBM refer to each other as axemen (or alternatively lord, bam, amigos, wise/strong men).
- Lord: a graduate member.
- Aye: a campus member, also known as “Temple Aye”. Those are known for gang wars, cult killings and rape at Nigerian universities. The term “aye” is also used as a greeting among members. Aye is an abbreviation of “African Youth Empowerment”.
- Blending/Bamming: initiation into the cult. Bam is also used as an expression of approval (“you bam”)
- Jollification/Jolly: gathering of members (also for initiation), parties. There is talk about jus and virgins having been sacrificed at jollies.
- LP (“Elpee”): Jolly song.
- Ju/jew (name): someone who has not been initiated / real name.
- Injew: member of a different cult group
- Tingo/Bird: member of the Eiye confraternity (Airlords), the rival cult hated most by NBM
- Baggers: member of the Buccaneers confraternity (Sealords), another rival cult of NBM
- Strong name (SN): name given at initiation, “Aye/Lord” plus usually the name of an African freedom fighter, dictator or terrorist, for example “Lord Muammar Gadhaffi”. In all communications among members the strong name is used. See https://najuju.wordpress.com/2015/08/21/strong-names-in-nbm/
- Clothing: Members of the confraternity have a uniform of sorts that consists of black, white and yellow clothing (black trousers, white shirt, yellow tie, yellow ribbon on cap) which symbolizes the following: Black signifies identification with the black race and the dignity thereof, white signifies peace and purity of mind and body, yellow signifies intellect. The color of the regalia depends on the rank of a member. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mqC0n8wzwg
- Uhuru: alleged goal of NBM, meaning “freedom” in Swahili.
- Egede: Originally used for the greeting with the clash of forearms, more recently also used for drums.
- Dodorima: Dodorima in Igbo language refers to honesty, straightforwardness, intelligence, hard working, etc. It has become the culture of NBM members to say, “Dodorima/Dodos to you”. This entails praises and adoration given to a particular person based on something he did.
- Orientation (OT): Knowledge about the “movement” or acquiring such knowledge. See https://truth147.wordpress.com/2015/07/29/nbm-orientation/
- FM/Football Match: Refers to a punishment administered to members. It consists of an endurance test/pysical exercise.
- Janet: Term used for punishment, especially beating with a cane or whip. According to NBM legend Janet was a girlfriend of one of the founders. She is said to have betrayed the “movement” and to have been beheaded for that reason like Charles Kokoma (see below). Also see “Disciplinary Standards https://najuju.wordpress.com/2014/11/02/constitution-and-disciplinary-standards-of-nbm/)
- Kokoma: drink containing various ingredients and drugs such as weed, kola nut, zobo leaf, alligator pepper, tomtom, panadol. It is prepared by the Chief Priest and used at initiation of new members. An oath is sworn with Kokoma: should the initiated member ever betray NBM, Kokoma is thought to squeeze life out of him. NBM legend also has it that a certain Charles Kokoma was one of the founders of NBM but betrayed the “movement” and was then beheaded by the others (even though this name does not appear on the official list of founders). Therefore beheading is today seen as the appropriate punishment for one who betrays the “movement” and leaks its secrets.
- Korofo (Krf): “the cult of the underground” (Yoruba religion). Korofo is often referred to in NBM and appears to be seen as a God of sorts (“may Korofo squeeze the life out of them” / “Korofo on guard”)
- H.I.T. /play hit: Killing someone, mostly members of other confraternities
- Perfect Circle: Part of NBM ceremonies.
The following terms refer to offices and structures in NBM:
- Zone: a local group of NBM. There are zones in Nigerian states and in many countries worldwide, often with subdivisions (see list below).
- Temple (T): Nigerian university where new cult members are recruited (see list below).
- Murder Temple: often falsely called Mother Temple. It means the Futa Jallon Temple, aka University of Benin. The term refers to the crisis that occurred at the birth on NBM at the said university, the murder of one of the founders who turned out to be a traitor (see below).
- National Head (NH), Chief Priest (CP), Chairman, Chief Butcher, Ihaza, Eye, Crier are offices in NBM. See below for a description of their functions.
- (National) Executive Council (NEXCO – includes the offices above) and (National) Council of Elders (NCOE – includes the COE chairman and seven or more “elders”, including the present head).
The same hierarchical structure exists on zonal and temple level.
Temples of NBM (approved list February 2013)
The internal Temple name comes first, followed by the official name of the institution.
- Futa Jallon University of Benin, Benin city
- Adamawa Institute of Management Technology, Enugu
- Agemo Tai Solarin Univ. of Education, Ijebu-Ode
- Agulu Lake Alvan Ikoku College of Education, Owerri
- Ajayi Crowther Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja
- Alabata University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
- Amba loko College of Education, Katsina-Ala
- Asa Kwara State Polytechnic Ilorin, Ibadan
- Ashanti Delta State Polytechnic (Ozoro), Ozoro
- Azania College of Education, Warri
- Bakassi The Polytechnic, Calabar
- Barkin Kada Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna
- Benikrukru Rivers State University of Science & Technology, Port Harcourt
- Bermuda 1 University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- Bermuda 2 University of Nigeria, Enugu
- Biafra Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic, Unwana-Afikpo
- Damissa Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Egbesu Niger Delta University, Yenagoa
- Ekamba Uyo City Polytechnic, Uyo
- Ekpe Abia State Polytechnic, Aba
- El-Kanemi Benue State Polytechnic, Ugbokolo
- Eluku Lagos State Polytechnic, Isolo
- Ese-Ovia Edo State Polytechnic Usen, Benin
- Eti-oni Osun State College of Technology, Esa-Oke
- Eti-Osa Yaba College of Technology, Lagos
- Ewekoko Lagos State University Ojo, Lagos
- Futa Jallon 2 University of Benin (Ekenwan Campus), Benin city
- Gwadana Federal Polytechnic, Nasarawa
- Idi Ogun Federal Polytechnic, Offa
- Ifi 1 University of Agriculture, Makurdi
- Ifi 2 Benue State University, Makurdi
- Igbosere Federal College of Fisheries and Marine Technology, Lagos
- Igogo Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo Akure
- Ikenga Federal Polytechnic, Nekede
- Ikogosi Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Ikogosi 1 Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo
- Ikoro Michael Okpara Uni. of Agric., Umudike
- Ikpitan College of Education, Ekiadolor-Benin
- Inikpi Dragon Federal Polytechnic, Idah
- Kalakuta Federal Polytechnic, Oko
- Kanem Bornu Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi
- Kanta Bakassi Cross River State University of Science &Technology, Calabar
- Kanta Benikrukru Rivers State Polytechnic, Bori
- Kanta Ethiopia Delta State University Abraka
- Kanta Okemini Madonna University, Okija
- Katanga Abia State University, Uturu
- Kenneth Kaunda Evan Enwerem University (Imo State University), Owerri
- Kilimanjaro Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu
- Kiriji University of Lagos, Lagos
- Kofina Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic, Zaria
- Kudeti The Polytechnic, Ibadan
- Kudeti 2 Ibadan Polytechnic (Eruwa), Eruwa
- Lake Alor Delta State Polytechnic, Ogwashi
- Lake Chad University of Maiduguri, Maiduguri
- Limpopo Bendel State College of Agriculture, Anwai
- Moriqua University of Calabar, Calabar
- Naraguta Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- Obanta Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye
- Odudu Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic, Ikot Ekpene
- Oduduwa Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- Ofu Kogi State University Anyigba, Anyigba
- Ofuobi Federal College of Education (Technical), Asaba
- Ogbuide Anambra State University of Science & Technology, Uli
- Ogoni Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi
- Ogunpa University of Ibadan, Ibadan
- Okemeje Osun State Polytechnic, Iree
- Okemini University of Port-Harcourt, Port Harcourt
- Oke-Ovia Edo State College of Agriculture, Iguoriakhi
- Oloibiri Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun
- Olumo Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta
- Oroona Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro
- Qua Heritage Polytechnic, Eket
- River Benue Nasarawa State University, Keffi
- Rocky Olota Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- Rwanda Ramat Polytechnic Maiduguri Jos (blank) Borno
- Sahara Usuman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto
- Sanaga Igbinedion University, Okada
- Sancta Ika Delta State College of Education, Agbor
- Shango University of Uyo, Uyo
- Shiroro Federal University of Technology, Minna
- Somalia University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- Soun Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso
- Soweto Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki
- Sub Etiosa Federal College of Education (Technical), Akoka Lagos
- Swem Karagbe Fidel Poly, Gboko
- Udi Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma
- Zambezi Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Zarama University of Josn Jos
- Zobi University of Ilorin, Ilorin Ibadan
- Zuma Dorben Polytechnic Abuja,Abuja
- Sub Damissa Bayero University, Kano
- Sardauna Federal Polytechnic, Mubi
- Koma Federal University of Technology, Yola
Zones and Forums
Zones and Forums are local subgroups of the confraternity, each of which is organised in itself with a Zonal Head and other functions. New groups are being constituted in many countries of the world.
- Akwa Ibom
- Bendel East
- Kukuruku (Bendel North)
- Port Harcourt (South Eastern)
- Airport Road
- Akoko Edo
- Etsako East
- Ikot Ekpene
- Sango Otta
- South Ibie
- Uzaria East
- Uzaria West
In North America
- New York
In South America
In Asia and Arab countries
- South Africa
Offices in NBM and their functions and duties
1. RUNS AND ADMINISTERS N.B.M WORLD-WIDE ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS.
2. CO-ORDINATES ALL ACTIVITIES OF THE OTHER EXECUTIVES INCLUDING THE FUNCTIONAL SPECIALISTS(CHIEF-PRIEST, EYE, CRIER, IHAZAR AT NATIONAL LEVEL.KEEPS AN EYE ON THINGS, FUNCTIONAL SPECIALISTS, AND CO-ORDINATES ALL DEPARTMENTS OF THE MOVEMENT AT NATIONAL LEVEL.STEPS IN TO RECTIFY MATTERS IF FUNCTIONAL SPECIALISTS ARE NON-PERFORMING OR DEVIATING FROM PLANS.
3. ACTS AS FIRST MEMBER AND PUBLIC FACE OF THE NEO-BLACK MOVEMENT.
4. ACTS AS THE IDEOLOGICAL CHIEF OF THE N.B.M.
5. ACHIEVES OBJECTIVES OF THE N.B.M IN CONJUNCTION WITH OTHER MEMBERS OF THE EXECUTIVE IN RESPECT OF ITS BLACKISTS, PAN-AFRICANIST, SOCIAL OBJECTIVES RE;SOCIAL JUSTICE AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL IN NIGERIA AND AFRICA.
6. WORKS CLOSELY WITH N.EYE AND ACTS ON LINKS MADE WITH OTHER BLACKISTS, PAN-AFRICANIST AND HUMAN-RIGHTS ORGANISATIONS, IN TERMS OF ADVOCACY OR OTHER SUCH REQUIRED ACTION.
7. REPRESENTS THE N.B.M AT MEETINGS WITH NATIONAL, REGIONAL AND WORLD LEADERS AND GOVERNMENTS.
8. ALSO REPRESENTS THE N.B.M AT MEETINGS WITH PAN-AFRICANISTS, BLACKIST AND OTHER SUCH ALLIED ORGANISATIONS INCLUDING HUMAN AND CIVIL RIGHTS ORGANISATIONS.
9. SPEAKS AT PRESS CONFERENCES AND OTHER SUCH EVENTS ORGANISED BY THE N.CRIER TO INFORM, EDUCATE THE GENERAL PUBLIC ABOUT MOVEMENT ACTIVITIES.
10. SERVES AS AN EXAMPLE TO ALL AXE-MEN, BLACK-LORDS WORLD-WIDE IN TERMS OF DISCIPLINE, IDEOLOGY, PHILOSOPHY, PRACTISE AND COMMITMENT TO N.B.M. TENETS AND OBJECTIVES.
11. EXERCISES THE NORMAL DAY TO DAY MANAGERIAL FUNCTIONS OF PLANNING, ORGANISING, CO-ORDINATING AND CONTROLLING.
THE CHIEF-PRIEST IS ONE OF THE MOVEMENTS FUNCTIONAL SPECIALISTS, COMBINING A HIGHLY SPECIALISED ROLE WITH SERVING AS THE DEPUTY-HEAD OF THE N.B.M. THIS POSITION WAS CREATED IN 78/79 COMBINING THE QUARTER-MASTER, CEREMONIAL FUNCTIONS WITH THE DUTIES OF THE RIGHT-HAND WHO WAS THE DEPUTY HEAD 0F N.B.M. AT INCEPTION.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES:
1. RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL CEREMONIAL, ESOTERIC AND FRATERNAL ACTIVITIES OF THE N.B.M AT NATIONAL-LEVEL.
2. RESPONSIBILITY FOR RESEARCH INTO AFRICAN TRADITIONAL RELIGION.
3. QUARTERMASTER DUTIES.
4. MAINTAINS LINKS AND CO-ORDINATES ACTIVITIES OF ZONAL AND TEMPLE CHIEF-PRIESTS.
5. SERVES AS DEPUTY-HEAD OF THE N.B.M WORLD-WIDE.
6. ASSISTS THE HEAD IN ACHIEVING THE OBJECTIVES OF THE N.B.M IN RESPECT OF MATTERS PERTAINING TO SOCIAL-JUSTICE AND EQUALITY (EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES) FOR ALL IN NIGERIA AND AFRICA THROUGH MAINTENANCE OF TIES AND JOINT ACTION WITH HUMAN AND CIVIL RIGHTS ORGANISATIONS, PRO-DEMOCRACY ORGANISATIONS AND OTHER SUCH BODIES IN NIGERIA AND AFRICA.
N.B.M. EYE (NATIONAL):
THE EYE SERVES AS THE MOVEMENTS SECRETARY-GENERAL AND IS RESPONSIBLE FOR RUNNING THE MOVEMENT SECRETARIAT. AS ONE OF THE FUNCTIONAL SPECIALISTS, THE EYE IS A KEY MEMBER OF THE NEXCO.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
1. CORRESPONDENCE AND LINK UP WITH BLACKISTS, PAN-AFRICANISTS, HUMAN-RIGHTS AND ORGANISATIONS WITH SIMILAR OBJECTIVES WORLD-WIDE.
2. LINK UP WITH ZONES, TEMPLES WORLD-WIDE.
3. SERVES AS THE SECRETARY-GENERAL OF THE MOVEMENT AND RUNS THE MOVEMENT SECRETARIAT.
4. ASSISTS THE CRIER IN THE PUBLICATION OF UHURU MAGAZINE.
5. CORRESPONDENCE WITH REGIONAL BODIES, NIGERIAN, AFRICAN AND BLACK WORLD GOVERNMENTS ON MATTERS PERTAINING TO PAN-AFRICANISM, BLACKISM AND OBJECTIVES OF THE N.B.M
THE CRIER IS ANOTHER OF THE FUNCTIONAL SPECIALISTS WITHIN THE EXECUTIVE BEING RESPONSIBLE PRINCIPALLY FOR PUBLICATIONS AND PUBLIC-RELATIONS.
1. RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL MOVEMENT PUBLICATIONS.
2. PUBLIC RELATIONS, PUBLICITY SECRETARY TYPE DUTIES
3. WEB-SITE MANAGEMENT.
4. PREPARATION OF PRESS-RELEASES AND ORGANISATION OF PRESS CONFERENCES.
5. ASSISTS THE EYE IN RUNNING THE MOVEMENTS SECRETARIAT.
THE BUTCHER IS YET ANOTHER OF THE FUNCTIONAL SPECIALISTS WITH THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR KEY FUNCTIONS AT INCEPTION WHICH WERE NOT IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN. ACTIVITIES AT THE TIME WERE CAREFULLY CO-ORDINATED BY THE HEAD.
1. MAINTENANCE OF DISCIPLINE AT ALL CEREMONIES, MEETINGS AND FUNCTIONS OF THE N.B.M.
2. ASSISTS THE CHIEF-PRIEST WITH QUARTER-MASTER DUTIES.
3. SERVES AS A MEMBER OF THE DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE WITH THE N.C.O.E CHAIR AS CHIEF.
4. COVERT OPERATIONS.
5. ASSISTS THE CHIEF-PRIEST WITH THE ORGANISATION OF THE CEREMONIES AND RITUALS OF THE N.B.M.
1. FINANCE, TREASURER DUTIES
DISCIPLINARY STANDARDS: https://najuju.wordpress.com/2014/11/02/constitution-and-disciplinary-standards-of-nbm/
MANUAL OF PROCEDURE: NBM MANUAL OF PROCEDURE
More about the general activities of NBM here:
And just a few more links to illustrate the criminal activities of NBM
http://allafrica.com/stories/200604110119.html http://allafrica.com/stories/201408080678.html http://allafrica.com/stories/201502020041.html http://arts.monash.edu.au/publications/eras/edition-12-issue-2/articles/knyiayaana.pdf http://bayelsapublicinformationmgt.wordpress.com/2013/04/16/bayelsa-state-secret-cultssocieties-and-similar-activities-prohibition-law-2012/ http://biglawnewsline.com/2013/09/suspected-leader-of-black-axe-cult-arrested-over-murder-of-10-youths.html http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/07/police-arraign-10-cultists-sapele/ http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/10/police-parade-two-students-10-others-cultism/ http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/police-nab-83-suspects-niger-state http://ekitionline.com/2014/11/egede-aiye-cultists-attacked-barber-isolo-lagos-dating-members-wife/ http://getitrightnigerians.blogspot.ch/2015/01/alleged-cultist-butchered-in-enugu.html http://gnosis.aisi.gov.it/Gnosis/Rivista3.nsf/ServNavigE/15 http://guardianlv.com/2013/09/black-axe-cult-leader-adigun-muda-arrested-for-murder-of-10/ http://ilevbare.com/2013/06/a-plea-to-governor-adams-oshiomhole-disincentivizing-cultism-in-edo-state-by-paul-omoruyi/ http://ilevbare.com/2013/06/a-plea-to-governor-adams-oshiomhole-disincentivizing-cultism-in-edo-state-by-paul-omoruyi/#sthash.vdSHooyv.dpuf http://jolibanews.com/?p=839 http://lagosbooksclub.com/fct-secondary-school-students-arrested-after-70-were-initiated-into-the-black-axe-cult/ http://legisreportsng.com/oddity-imo-police-nab-1103-suspected-cultists-in-4mths/ http://m.news24.com/nigeria/National/News/Cult-suspects-paraded-in-Taraba-20140228 http://metrowatchonline.com/ogun-police-promises-cultists-hell%E2%80%8E-3-killed-ijebu-igbo/ http://naijagists.com/2-black-axe-cultists-arrested-in-ikorodu-lagos/ http://naijagists.com/black-axe-cult-members-killed-tailor-in-surulere-lagos-nigeria/ http://naijagists.com/the-black-axe-kkk-cult-groups-clash-4-killed/ http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/15-more-suspected-cultists-arrested-in-lagos/ http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/lagos-communities-under-siege-of-cultists/ http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/lagos-communities-under-siege-of-cultists-2/ http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/one-killed-in-fresh-ogun-cult-clash/ http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/uneasy-calm-in-benin-over-cult-clashes/ http://newmail-ng.com/new/ngige-nwoye-different-faces-of-the-same-coin/ http://news.naij.com/28543.html http://news.naij.com/39799.html http://news.naij.com/42802.html http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20010810/438586.htm http://news1.africanseer.com/templates/?a=9022 http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/headline/256975-more-blood-to-flow-in-lasu-rival-cult-clash.html http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/latest-addition/185618-cult-war-between-aiye-confraternity-and-black-axe-in-benin-city-leaves-6-dead.html http://nigerianpilot.com/cult-clashes-leave-20-dead-in-uniben/ http://nigerianpilot.com/police-arrest-29-cultists-in-asaba/ http://nigerianuniversitynews.com/2013/03/breaking-undergraduate-student-4-others-die-in-lagos-cult-clash.html http://nigeriasrenaissance.com/index.php/news/general/item/26071-police-arrest-5-secondary-students-for-cultism-in-fct http://odili.net/news/source/2012/aug/3/18.html http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/02/17/cult-clash-students-flee-unilag-hostels http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/02/17/cult-clash-students-flee-unilag-hostels/ http://pulse.ng/student/killers-on-rampage-3-pregnant-women-9-others-killed-in-delta-cult-war-id3430051.html http://pulse.ng/student_pulse/cultists-everywhere-8-students-among-16-cultists-arrested-during-initiation-in-ogun-id2985137.html http://saharareporters.dekodesign.com/article/campus-cults-how-mass-based-students-unionism-can-be-counterweight-cultism http://saharareporters.dekodesign.com/columnist/ogaga-ifowodo http://saharareporters.dekodesign.com/interview/cultism-campuses http://sundaytrust.com.ng/index.php/news/11055-how-cultism-is-inching-deep-into-edo-state http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=85423 http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=86682 http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/cult-clash-1-killed-in-enugu/ http://telegraphng.com/2013/06/calm-returns-to-uniben-as-warring-cults-hold-talks/ http://theeagleonline.com.ng/four-feared-killed-many-injured-as-cult-members-police-clash/ http://thenationonlineng.net/new/suspected-cult-members-kill-15-imo/ http://thenews-chronicle.com/10-suspects-arrested-in-benin-city-cult-war/ http://vibes.ng/cultist-shot-hacked-22-year-old-boy-lagos/#axzz3LAeVdArM http://whispernigeria.net/police-arraign-suspected-serial-killer-others/ http://wwrn.org/articles/7699/?&place=nigeria§ion=occult http://www.9jabook.com/forum/topics/lasu-cult-war-black-axe-maintains-forgiveness-is-a-sin-says-more http://www.academia.edu/255509/The_Roots_of_Cultism_and_other_Forms_of_Violence_in_Nigerian_Universities http://www.agropolinews.com/agropoli/agropoli-lunedi-si-presenta-un-rapporto-sulla-criminalita-estera-in-italia/ http://www.articolotre.com/2011/09/arresti-in-campania-per-black-axe-la-mafia-nigeriana/37211 http://www.biglawnewsline.com/2013/09/suspected-leader-of-black-axe-cult.html http://www.cityvoiceng.com/gang-violence-tears-at-heart-of-lagos-communities/#comment-175 http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/six-die-edo-cult-clash http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/old/index.php/news-news/54219-five-killed-in-c-river-violence http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/news-news/54219-five-killed-in-c-river-violence http://www.economist.com/node/11849078 http://www.elombah.com/index.php/special-reports/17417-revealed-how-arthur-eze-used-tony-nwoye-to-spite-andy-ubah-nwoye-s-criminality-exposed http://www.gamji.com/article6000/NEWS7660.htm http://www.gamji.com/article6000/NEWS7660.htm http://www.gbooza.com/group/crime/forum/topics/thanks-to-2011-politics-cults#axzz2tz5X9IfR http://www.gbooza.com/group/crime/forum/topics/two-confess-to-beheading-student-in-edo#axzz2sn3CrfuX http://www.gistmania.com/talk/topic,56666.0.html http://www.gistscope.com/2014/05/eiye-cultists-aye-black-axe.html#more http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=118701:police-arrest-judges-son-other-suspected-cultists&catid=1:national&Itemid=559 http://www.hrw.org/reports/2007/nigeria1007/4.htm http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/italian-and-nigerian-gangs-a-deadly-alliance-2361393.html http://www.infodailies.com/cultism-edo-state-police-arrest-15-suspected-cultists/ http://www.informationng.com/2012/04/more-nigerians-mourn-okumagba.html http://www.mydailynewswatchng.com/2013/07/08/police-arrest-7-cultists-fake-currency-trafficker/ http://www.mynewswatchtimesng.com/police-arrest-cultists-attempted-assassination/ http://www.mynewswatchtimesng.com/tension-fear-benin-cult-clashes-claim-opc-leader-others/ http://www.naij.com/28543.html http://www.naij.com/39799.html http://www.naijacenter.com/politics/update-philip-shaibu-four-others-arraigned-attack-momoh/ http://www.naijaloaded.com.ng/2015/01/30/graphic-photos-alleged-cult-member-killed-enugu-state/ http://www.naijapals.com/?L=blogs.blog&article=41961 http://www.nannewsngr.com/section/judiciary/police-arraign-alleged-2-cult-members-in-ekiti-state http://www.newswatchngr.com/editorial/prime/2002/22072002/cover10721105011.htm http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/national-news/174189-group-urges-members-others-to-promote-human-rights-worldwide http://www.nigeriancurrent.com/ck88-news/president-jonathan-kicks-off-2nd-term-campaign-in-abuja http://www.nigerianeye.com/2013/03/more-blood-to-flow-in-lasu-rival-cult.html?m=1 http://www.nigerianmonitor.com/2014/01/11/140-suspected-cultists-arrested-in-delta-state/ http://www.nigerianmonitor.com/2014/02/05/5-futo-cultists-arrested-in-imo/ http://www.nigeriannewsworld.com/content/cultists-prowl http://www.nigeriannewsworld.com/content/resurgence-cult-groups http://www.nigerianpilot.com/police-arrest-29-cultists-in-asaba/ http://www.nigeriawatch.org/index.php?html=4 http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/02/17/cult-clash-students-flee-unilag-hostels/ http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/11/07/2-cult-members-confess-being-hired-assassins/ http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/02/12/2-women-baby-shot-dead-in-mushin-gang-war/ http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/05/08/cultists-kill-3-vigilante-members/ http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/06/15/police-arrest-63-black-axe-members-in-akwa-ibom/ http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/06/21/three-killed-in-another-cult-clash-in-ogun/ http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2014/12/17/cultism-five-mapoly-students-remanded-in-prison/ http://www.punchng.com/metro/im-a-cultist-but-i-dont-kill/ http://www.punchng.com/metro/police-arrest-another-wanted-cultist-in-lagos/ http://www.punchng.com/metro/two-killed-as-cult-members-clash-in-aibom/ http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/cultists-brutalise-barber-for-dating-members-wife/ http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/cultists-hack-driver-dump-body-on-lagos-highway/ http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/cultists-murder-bus-conductor-dump-corpse-in-lagoon/ http://www.punchng.com/news/20-killed-in-edo-cult-clashes-10-arrested/ http://www.punchng.com/news/edo-cult-groups-unite-to-fight-kidnapping-robbery/ http://www.socialistworld.net/doc/3632 http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/1488255/War-of-the-black-magic-cults-brings-death-to-Nigerias-universities.html http://www.thegazellenews.com/2013/07/04/two-arrested-over-eiye-black-axes-cult-clash-in-ogun/ http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/mobile/education/campus-life/59543-three-die-as-cultists-clash-in-ekpoma.html http://www.thenewswriterng.com/?p=1016 http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/35317/1/cult-war-claims-5-poly-students-in-auchi.html http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/36976/1/11-killed-in-rival-cult-clashes-in-edo-enugu.html http://www.thescoopng.com/the-cult-clash-in-edo-has-now-claimed-at-least-20-lives-how-this-latest-episode-began/ http://www.tmreporter.com/top-news/cultists-kill-yet-another-lasu-student/ http://www.tribune.com.ng/crime-2/item/18371-to-us-killing-rivals-is-a-game-aye-cultist/18371-to-us-killing-rivals-is-a-game-aye-cultist http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/45541-two-feared-dead-one-injured-in-ekpoma-cult-clash http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/en/component/k2/item/12952-cultism-in-lagos-the-unending-war.html http://www.unhcr.org/refworld/topic,4565c2254a,4565c25f58d,42df61462,0,,,NGA.html http://www.unilorin.edu.ng/publications/jekayinoluwa/book%208.%20CULT%20ACTIVITIES%20IN%20THE%20NIGERIAN%20INSTITUTIONS%20%20OF%20HIG.htm http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/08/group-donates-items-to-hospital http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/09/group-aids-abandoned-baby/ http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/10/group-warns-against-tribalism/ http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/group-denies-involvement-in-cult-war/ http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/aau-boils-again-as-cult-groups-battle-for-supremacy/ http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/10/cultists-hold-security-summit-edo/ http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/enugu-police-burst-another-baby-making-factory/ http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/01/3-killed-edo-renewed-cult-clash/ http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/03/cultists-rampage-nsukka/ http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/05/cultists-kill-kwara-poly-student-ilorin/#sthash.OlmGyWGl.dpuf http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/confession-student-cultist-mandate-fight-injustice/ http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/cult-war-leaves-4-dead-delta/ http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/mission-kill/ http://www.view.com.ng/cultists-arrested-for-threatening-to-kill-female-lecturer-in-yabatech/ http://www.ynaija.com/horrific-4-uniben-students-gruesomely-killed-in-cult-clash-graphic-photos/ http://www.ynaija.com/mushin-residents-celebrate-as-police-arrest-suspected-cultist-charged-with-10-murders-pictured/ http://www.yohaig.com/newspapers/daily-independent/suspected-bank-robber-in-lagos-police-net/ http://ynaija.com/mushin-residents-celebrate-as-police-arrest-suspected-cultist-charged-with-10-murders-pictured/ https://bayelsapublicinformationmgt.wordpress.com/2013/04/16/bayelsa-state-secret-cultssocieties-and-similar-activities-prohibition-law-2012/